Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Helping Out Peru

Most of you by now know that I am from Peru. A few weeks ago, I was chatting with my mom who told me about a big fire in Lima (Capital of Peru) and told me to watch the news. To be honest, I don’t watch any news, from here or there. I used to, but not anymore. It is not that I don’t care about my country, but what do I gain by watching it? Can I fix whatever the problem is from here? How is watching the news going to help me be a better person? So, I chose not to watch and just listened to what my mom had to say about the big fire.

The next day I was browsing Facebook as I usually do, and suddenly the news came up with a video of that fire that my mom was talking about. I asked myself: “Should I watch it?” My heart said, “Yes.”

In that video, I saw firefighters working in sandals instead of boots. I saw them travelling to a fire scene in a taxi. I saw them being fed by the community. I saw commitment to a country that sometimes does not treat them well.

When I was done watching the video, I knew I had to do something about it, which surprised me because to be honest I am not an activist and I don’t have any sort of leadership to execute something big.

What I watched in that video was not really anything new. But why was I so touched? I think now living away from home for so long has made me see things in different ways. I always knew that firefighters in Peru are not paid. I knew that the conditions they work in are unsafe and in some cases deplorable. I knew this since I was a kid. I wondered if I ever cared? Did I ever try to do something? I guess not. I just assumed things were like that and trying to change them was insane.

Well now I have different eyes, a different heart, a different mind, and different perspectives. The video I watched touched my heart big time. So, when I saw this video on a Facebook page from a newspaper in Peru, I had to make a comment. I knew it probably was best not to get involved, just to turn my head the other way as I have done so many times. But oh no, my TrueSelf is powerful and strong and doesn’t take no for an answer. So, I went ahead and commented. I got lots of replies. Most of them were positive; few had negative comments.

I am aware that my country Peru should do something. I am aware of corruption and of the old bureaucracy of the government. But if I wait until others do something, maybe nothing will be done at all. So I made the decision to at least to try.

My plan was to find out what do the firefighters here in Colorado do with their old uniforms and boots once they are expired. Do they recycle them? Donate them? What? And if they don’t do anything, can I actually pull this off and ask for donations? How far can I get? To my ideas, some got inspired and said thank you, some others thought this was a bad idea to be begging, to those I said: “If someone has other ideas, please share”.

I can’t blame people. They don’t trust. I used to be one of them. But now I teach people that everything is possible. So why not try to do this? Am I insane? Maybe. So, my little mission the last few weeks has been to see what I can do.

I contacted a fire station near my home. They answered and said that they would try to find out what they do with expired gear.

I was lucky to get a contact of someone that works in the current government. I am waiting for the answer.

I was blessed to get introduced to a person who works in the offices of the firefighters from one of the cities. I got a reply; he will try to find more information.

All what I did was to share what my TrueSelf wants to do. I am not here to tell people what to do, to talk about politics or get in a big fight about corruption. I am also aware of trust issues, so if this ever happens, I might have to do it personally. I might open a funding page to collect money and help me pay for my plane ticket and whatever taxes.

If this never happens, and donations or getting those clothes is not even an option, I have some ideas in mind that might involve collecting money still. But until I am sure what is going to happen, I won’t ask a dime.

I pray to God, I ask the universe, for concrete answers. For wisdom. For love. For the people that have the possibility to make this easier to go ahead and step in. My job is to support people to have a positive life, so I am using the same tools to manifest something for these amazing firefighters whom for so many years I took for granted, that having the opportunity to step in and help, I did not. That was me back then; this is me now.

I hope this is a go. Actually, I will declare that this will happen. How? When? Not my place to ask. Hopefully all this energy being around might make some changes to happen regarding our firefighters.

Wish me luck, send prayers, and send good vibes. If someone is interested in helping, please send a private message. And thank you for your support.

Follow your heart

Me


No comments:

Post a Comment