Wednesday, February 1, 2017

My first blog, lets see...

02/01/2017

Today is the beginning of a new adventure, but how many times have I been here? Many times. So how do I know this time will be different? I have no idea. But here I am, writing my first official “blog.” When am I going to post it? Who knows? Will someone even care? I have no idea. But here I am, doing it. Hopefully I will feel productive after a few hours. Have you ever felt that way before? I hope so, so I don’t feel so lonely in this fight toward resistance.

Yesterday was my last day working in an immigration law office. I started in November 2016 and finished January 31st (yesterday). Today I woke up feeling alone and lost. Why? Who knows? So I went deep within myself and I sensed fear. Who quits a job to follow a dream? Guess who? Me!!! But where the hell do I start? Why are my fears all suddenly here again? Well, I put aside those feelings and reached out to one of my cheerleaders, a wonderful friend who will send me good vibes without questioning. Knowing someone has my back, I continued my morning routine, getting my son ready for school, getting breakfast for him, etc. I kind of screwed up when I told him he did not do his best at something. You could see I hurt his feelings, so I apologized and also explained that in life people would probably hurt his feelings and that one of the better ways to manage that was not to take things personally.

I came back from dropping him off at school and said to myself that I’d better be productive, so I made myself my breakfast, checked Facebook, cleaned around, did laundry, vacuumed 2 rooms and sat on my ass in this chair to write to you. And who are you? I would love to know. Maybe we have a few things in common or maybe you will hate my guts to talk about my life publicly and without filters. Maybe you totally disagree with me, and that is fine. Maybe you even say, “How dare she write in English when she can’t actually write correctly.” Oh well, that is me. I just want to write, enjoy, and leave something out there, probably to hold me accountable in my new adventure of actually running my own business as a life coach.

I have done it for a long time but free of charge, or I would ask in return to go out to a restaurant, etc. There is no doubt this is what I want. Do I have the perfect life? No, I don’t. But thank goodness I have learned (but not yet mastered) to deal with what life throws at me. I also am aware that feelings have to go out, and journaling helps me do that. I am thankful for who I am, and that I try every day to walk my talk. What is my talk? You probably will get to know it soon. I will be writing just because I want to. Will I be writing only beautiful and inspiring things? Hell no! You will see here my greatest, my lowest, the scariest and the joyful me. But at the end, all is fine as soon as I get it out. I feel the love in me, and that is the beauty of it. My plan is to blog or post or however it is called: some is my journaling, and some is from years and years ago. I have changed in many things and in others not. I will always tell you around what time it was written. But this one today is from today: Wednesday, February 1st, 2017. And I will leave you with my new slogan for 2017: I WALK MY TALK AND I OWN MY SHIT!

With love,


Me

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your journey!! I am so ready to walk this with you!! I love you so much and I am so grateful to be your friend!!! I am ready to walk my talk and own my shit with a real friend. I invite you all to do this together I know it will be a lot easier!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading it! happy to do this with more people.

      Delete
  2. Love it Mary! Very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you know you are also a big part of this.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to read your next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. coming soon, first I need to translate this one. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. ¡Bravo por ti, Mary! ¡Te felicito!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you will be a great. This is the first step of a wonderful journey. Congrats
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you sharing this intimate part of you. Such strength and authenticity in your words. Much for you to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary,
    It looks like you found a starting point. I believe in speaking out. If you don't you'll never be heard. You don't need to be anything but who you are. Someone may not like what you write but that's really none of your business. You have a great voice and I'm glad to hear you expressing. Being brave is doing something you are afraid of. Lots of Love, you'll be a great Life Coach. Shanti Love (Sharon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeap, there would be a lot of things people won't like, but it will be fine.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations and good for you! I hope you have lots of fun with this!!

    ReplyDelete