Wednesday, August 30, 2017

No Guarantees

While I was driving after dropping off my son to his school, I saw a homeless man in the way, a lot of people jogging, people driving in a hurry; and I thought maybe I should start running again so I become healthier. And then it hit me: do I have any guarantee that if I run I will become healthier? If I work hard and make good money, I won’t struggle financially? If I protect my kid and show him how to be a good man, will he never screw up? And that sad answer came to me: No.

I was an observer that morning. I do that quite often, on purpose. I watch people, how they act, how they react, etc. Many of us do things now to prevent future issues; others just do them not to prevent but just because that is who they are. But in the end, there are no guarantees that negative things won’t happen.

So how is it that I can teach people about becoming their TrueSelf and find the happiness within if really there are no guarantees?

I have learned in these 42 years (almost 43 in November) that there are definitely no guarantees. I learned this fact with my own experiences and also observing again. I have seen a little bit of everything. To mention some:

A woman was taught that she had to be a good wife, and she was. Her marriage was not successful; while she tried her best to be the good wife, it did not work for her.

A mother in order to be protective of her boy taught him about body safety rules and talked with all the adults involved in her son’s life about body safety rules. That didn’t work either; he was still molested.

A father saved for his kids’ college. All that he did he worked his heart away just to provide the education he did not have, and yet the kids went to college and got involved in drugs, poisonous relationships, and all the hard work became a curse for this father, who became ill and heartbroken.

A family who made sure to raise their kids in the church with great values killed himself, because in spite of all that support the family thought they were giving, he just felt lonely in the crowd.

And there are other examples that come to my mind, but just listing all of them really won’t do any good.

So if there are no guarantees, why are we stressing out so much as a society to try to avoid some painful experiences?

Some people like my approach and others do not. As a life coach, I enjoy supporting people in whatever their path is toward their TrueSelf. Many of them hire me and have no idea what their TrueSelf is, but together we figure it out. That might change in the future, and we just roll with life. So if there are no guarantees to have that perfect life many of us are trying to claim, how do I approach it with my clients?

Let me tell you that there is one guarantee in how to live your life. Living it in the now. In this exact moment that you are reading this blog: you have the guarantee of feeling great or bad. You have the choice to smile or growl. You can choose to live in fear or love.

As a life coach, some people approached me thinking that there are guarantees on how to have that great life that many long for, and I have to be clear with them, that there are no guarantees. As negative as that may sound to some, we all know there is truth in that, but of what I am certain is that I can walk with you in the middle of uncertainty making our now more certain, which will mold and prepare some of our future paths in a smoother way. And when the path is not smooth, you will find a way to react that is healthier and will make your now great.

What I can guarantee is that if you ever make the choice to honor me being your life coach, I will be by your side. We will go together in the happy and not very happy path; I won’t judge you or your love ones; I will try my best to work from the heart. You will become aware, being strong enough to transform into that which you have decided to be.

Cheers to a great future

Me

Instagram: www.instagram.com/balancemytrueself

No comments:

Post a Comment