Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Why Coaching?


As I have mentioned in many other blogs, I have had a lot of experience being in therapy since a young age. Therapy was the right thing for me when I needed it the most. And when I didn’t need it the most, it became a great tool for me to use when life happened. Sometimes I did not have control over it.

I did continue with therapy after everything was okay. Why? Because talking to someone reassured me, because being listened to made me feel valued, because having an action plan made me feel safe, and because being shown the right tools made my life worth living in spite of the constant ups and downs.

Of course, because I felt it was so beneficial, I assumed everybody wanted to be in therapy. But I found out that was not the case. Not everybody liked talking about their deepest thoughts, and that is fine too.

When I got in this adventure of opening my own business as a life coach, I experienced something totally new. My clients were telling me how well they were feeling, not only in their goals but also in their health, in their relationships, etc. What took me by surprise was that I also was feeling the benefits of coaching, even being in the other side. I had better health, better relationships, and better awareness.

I thought, “What if I find myself a coach?” I was jealous of my clients; I wanted someone too! So my journey to find the right coach for me started. It took time, but it was worth it. I found a coach in Costa Rica. She was gentle but strong. She was inspiring. She lived by example, and most importantly, she was real. So why not to invest in myself, right? That is what I ask my clients to do.

I sent the money where she was, in spite of my fears of possibly losing my investment. And bam…we started. I had no idea what I was getting with this coach. This coach who also was a health coach, who studied organic nutrition, who trained with Tony Robbins, who knew about Neuro Linguistic, who was trained by the personal doctor of the Dalai Lama, etc. etc. What kind of coach is this? I did not hire her for her certifications but for her heart. She is who I call a Meta-Coach.

My journey with her has been amazing. I try to connect with her every week, and when it does not happen, I can feel the difference in my life. My level of awareness is now even higher, and with that, I have become a better mom, a better wife, a better friend, a better coach and a better entrepreneur.

When I was in my 4th session with her, I received the most devastating news: my coach had had an accident. A bad one! I struggled to understand why her? What does this mean? I used all my prayers and all my energy to send her way. We prayed with my spiritual group and my family. Her recovery was a miracle as many have described it, her strength mind-blowing, and the most beautiful thing is that she is willing to be herself and honest of her journey.

After a few weeks, she has not just been a great coach, but she is using everything she learned to heal herself. I remember particularly she using all the tools that Dr. Joe Dispenza used with himself, and what she learned from him she took to the highest level. When she was able to coach again, we set our final session. And I couldn’t believe her progress; I witnessed the miracle of Yerlin Ramirez.

Her story is not mine to tell. Now after working with her, I call her my friend. I am hoping for her to come to Denver so we can all benefit from her meta-coaching training. If only 5 hours with her gave me so many benefits, I can’t imagine more than 20 hours in her seminar.

A coach is for everybody; anyone can benefit from one. Like I always say, make sure you choose the right one, the one that resonates with you, the one that makes your TrueSelf thrive. Wait for my news to see when we can all work together with my coach. If we can’t all go to Costa Rica, I guess we can bring her here.

Cheers to her!

Me

Yerlin’s website: www.yerlinramirez.com


No comments:

Post a Comment